Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Favorite Memory

Favorite memories are hard to choose, because life is full of wonderful moments that you want to remember forever. Probably my favorite memory thus far though, is when I tied for 9th at the State Spelling Bee. It was a great feeling, and my family was all so happy. I was disappointed a bit at first, because the word I went out on, I knew how to spell. Narcissistic. I spelled it "N-A-R-C-I-S-I-S-S-T-I-C." It was upsetting, but the girl who ended up winning the entire bee, went on to be in the top ten at Nationals. Both my mother and my other sister, Susan, had been big spellers, and I felt like I was really part of something because I had done well. All the preparation had paid off, and it was pretty fun to show what I could do.

This Saturday, I will be a judge for the Finney County Spelling Bee. I remember watching the National Bee at home, and cringing when they'd miss the word. I hope I'll be able to keep a straight face this weekend. I'll admit it though, I'm pretty excited. Just thinking about it gives me a little rush of adrenaline. Yeah, I know. Nerdy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment